Sunday, May 16, 2010

save me, i'm a spend-a-holic....


HEY LOVERS!! 
i've been spending time with my parentals so we've ((my family)) has been bunking here for about 3 weeks.  It gets pretty boring so guess what I went on another cosmetic run.  i had all intentions of hitting Sephora for a few items but i never made it--which i'm still pretty pissed about--but whatev!!
here we go...i never tried products from E.L.F. but their stuff was a DOLLAR in Target ((the studio items were $3)) & you cannot beat that so before i went in i grabbed a few things just to test drive.

so i bought their "Total Face Brush" because i'm not a make-up artist ((that's Bev's job)) so i really don't invest in the expensive brushes...i don't even know what most of them are for LOL.   plus i like to have enough brushes in rotation, especially the face ones because they get dirty quickly & i have sensitive skin ((I don't have time to wash them after each use)).


the next thing i got from them was the "Plumping Lip Glaze" in the color babydoll.   i have full lips but I like the plumpers because it gets rid of the lines that are obvious with some of my lipsticks.  its a nice pink & it's dual--with a clear gloss on the opposite end

i also got the "Luminous Liquid Lipstick" in baby lips which is a kind of nude color & it goes perfect with my new favorite lipstick which was the Maybelline form the last haul.  now i'm dark skinned so finding a nude lipstick was a challenge for me...which is the ONLY problem with drug store cosmetics ((a lot of trial & error)).  but i finally found a duo that i will stick with indefinitely!! 

Here I am wearing it...excuse my uncurled hair & frizzy ends LOL.


OK so I decided to test out an eye shadow--the selection wasn't that large but with my skin color I can never go wrong with earth tones so I chose COFFEE BEAN.


now i have been blessed with long eyelashes but they seem to be less noticeable due to my heavy bangs...so when i saw they had lashes for $1 i was extremely excited.  i got natural eyelashes & i also bought the hollywood  kit


 i bought this because it had the little cases for storage but  wore the natural tonight & maybe i did it wrong but there is no way in hell i'm wearing them again, so from now on i'll be sticking to the $1 pairs ((until i get rid of these bangs))


so JEMMA KIDD is a really famous make-up artist & there is a Jemma Kidd Academy in London.  the ex-model now has her own line of cosmetics which can found in Target.  i fell in love with her lipstick in the color "`a la mode".

i also hit RIMMEL LONDON "London Glam" eye shadows & purchased spicy bronze...

& the other in glam ice

because i was so pleased with the MILANI nail polish i got a few days ago i decided to try out the eye shadows.  the colors always look so rich & vibrant & i'm still hoping that my expectations are met.  i bought this palette called "Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows" in designer browns


when it comes to lipsticks, i rarely go for bright & bold. i have my MAC vegas volt & that's it!! but i felt daring & grabbed up a REVLON  in love that pink

here i am sampling it ((web cam quality))...now let's see if i ever work up the courage to wear it outdoors LOL

finally i bought some nail polishes--my absolute favorite ((even though it chips like hell)) SALLY HANSEN's "Fast Dry Nail Color" ((& it does dry quickly which is a major plus for me because i have a 2 year old who likes to get her toes polished as well)) in presto pink


& another in spring green


and finally, i got the SALLY HASEN "Complete Salon Manicure" in mudslide & i <3 it


when i make it to Sephora & rack up on my summer colors from MAC  i will do another cosmetic haul.  these products are all under $10 so it's easy to rack up & i feel as though there is so much for just one entry.  i mean if that's what most people like then i will continue on with it...but enough rambling. 
til next time lovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...