Wednesday, September 8, 2010

august's SHEmergency kit...


hey luvies!!
first let me say...CONGRATS to bev ((who can be found at A FULL BEAT )) for getting her 100th follower. check her page out because she is truly talented. and i have to say that i am so proud on my manoy, (( who can be followed at FASHION IS TIMELESS for giving his blog another shot!
omg--so what a month august was ((especially for me)).  it's been stressful and hot as hell--bad combo and too much for me to handle.  i have to sing "ima survivor" because i have made it. so i had a few favorites; a few new things and some old.  wasting no time, here we go:
my favorite nail color for this month was BLUE! i found one the most gorgeous blues in---duhn duhn duuuuhn--walmart. it's this brand called "pure ice" i believe it was $2.  it's a royal blue, a true royal blue!
pros: the color is rich and vibrant, one coat is all that's needed, and if your in a rush you can skip the clear coat ((the pic below is rough, 1 coat with no clear))
cons: it chips, it chips, it CHIPS ((but what do you expect for $2)


skin care is extremely imperative!  so next on the menu is my sunblock.  it's the kind that you spray on; i have been using this all summer.
pros: convenient, tear free, waterproof, ensures full and even coverage, i've used it as a sub for lotion in moments of desperation, not oily, not sticky, and the smell isn't over powering
cons: it's only portable if you carry a big purse because the bottle is huge


another one of my favs this month has been my tinkerbell watch--i have gotten so many compliments on this thing.  honestly, i bought about 5 watches from mandees for $6 each.  i am not a mandees shopper but i went in there with a friend and was drawn in by the watches. i am truly in luv with this thing.


as for article of clothing...the winner goes to this vest that i bought from the gap.  this was on sale, i cannot remember the price at this very moment but i do know for a fact that the price was in the teens.  by far the best purchase i've made this month


aaaahhhh--my xmas gift from lloyd is my favorite scent. and this was such a battle.  i gave "miss dior" a thought.  i was a "jadore" lover and no one could convince me to see otherwise.  when i got this i contemplated exchanging it and i figured it would be very ungrateful of me so i finally gave it a shot--"jadore who??" no cons here in my opinion.


and this guy right here has been my bff. since i've been using the "cheap" nail polish, i've been painting my nails just about everyday.  i bought this from sally's ((not sure of the price)), it's blurry but it's called "beauty secrets" and no acetone.  it smells so nice! no cons in my opinion with this product as well, i am truly satisfied with this ((sorry for the lack of focus)).


and now my favorite hair product for the moment! the chi keratin mist. for those of you who do not know it is a leave-in strengthening conditioner.  keratin=protein and protein usually means dry, coarse, and brittle. not with this product.
pros: reduces frizz, leaves hair soft, it doesn't make your hair greasy or heavy, it does what it's supposed to. now does that mean i'm recommending it to you? no! it's a product where you love it or you don't. it works for me, i have noticed healthier hair on my head.
cons: the smell is ok--it's bearable and when i use it i have to have a towel because it itches if it gets on my skin...not sure what that's about. 
but anyway, i bought it from marshalls, as you can see. i get all my healty sexy hair, chi, and bed head products from this store because the prices are lower.

that was my routine for last month: keratin mist at nights, sunblock in the morns, my watch, my perfume, everything else was touch and go.  
well, that's all i have for now my beauty queens.  check me out again in october!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...